Rep Gerri Cannon
Health, Human Services and Elderly Affairs
Strafford District - 18
Name: Gerri Cannon
Address: 113 Indigo Hill Rd., Somersworth, NH
Education: Bachelor of Science in Business/Marketing from NH College (Now SNHU), Associate in Business Science from Hesser College
Gerri is a very visible Transgender advocate in the State of New Hampshire. She has been spoken with schools, churches and Businesses for over 20 years about what it means to be a Transgender person in our society.
• Computer Industry Professional at Digital, Compaq and Hewlett Packard (31 years)
• Carpentry Business Owner and master Carpenter at Cannon’s Carpenter on Call (10 years)
• Professional Long-Haul Truck driver at Swift Transportation and Conway Truckload (5 years)
• Marketing Group Director of the High Hopes Foundation. A Non-profit wish granting organization for Chronically or Critically Ill NH Children. Managed fundraising programs and events.
• Founder of Tri Ess New England. A Non-profit support group for Transgender people and their families.
• Freedom NH Steering Committee member, advocating for Transgender equality rights legislation in Concord, 2009 and 2017.
• Member of the NH Conference of the UCC Churches, Open and Affirming Committee. Educating NH churches to be open to all members of our communities. Gerri was a UCC Synod Delegate in 2017.
Phone: 603 841-5410