Rep Alexis Simpson
Rockingham District - 36
• Alexis is returning to the State Legislature having served previously in the 2015-2016 session.
• She recently completed a Master of Theology with a focus on ethics and politics at Harvard Divinity School and is a minister and guest preacher in the United Church of Christ.
• Alexis is committed to ecumenical and interfaith dialogue and community-building with professional experience in interfaith chaplaincy in hospital and academic settings.
• Having focused a portion of her recent research on criminal justice reform with an emphasis on bipartisan approaches to combating racism in the criminal justice system, she serves on Exeter’s newly-created Police Stakeholders Committee.
• With a background in physics (BS, UVA) and theology (MDiv, Emory, and ThM, Harvard), Alexis is also interested in the intersection of science, theology, and ethics.
• Alexis has a small garden and a passion for sustainable agriculture and local food systems. She lives in Exeter with her husband, an educator in religion, ethics, and human rights, and their teenage sons. She loves baseball and has periodically coached her sons’ youth baseball teams when she could be helpful (as long as no one makes her throw batting practice!).